Cloud applications are profitable in case where the same resource or an application is required at different places at a particular time. For example, a banking application eases your access to your account from anywhere. Similar standard applications like email services, social networking applications keeps you in picture from wherever you are. The applications now-a-days have gone more specific and even small business organizations prefer cloud based systems to optimize and access their data.
The world is shifting from static downloadable applications to cloud based applications due to their inherited benefits. Numerous experts document the pros and cons of clouds, but the changes towards betterment are inevitable. And considering the benefits over cons, the cloud stands as a solution. Numerous standard cloud applications are used across the globe knowingly or unknowingly, and many companies offer a platform to develop applications for personal and commercial use.
Many websites allow you to create a free application. These applications are generally in the simplest form and are not exactly an application. If a user only tends to make notes, he/she can refer to such solutions, but for an advanced automatic application a creative and sophisticated solution is preferred. In an independent survey conducted on users for their opinion on cloud based application development, following requirements surfaced:
- The application should not need programming knowledge by its users.
- It should be accessible from any computer or any device supporting a browser.
- Same version should be available to all parallel users to avoid any configuration conflict.
- The application should support the files of some standard application like word, excel etc.
- The application should be updated on a timely basis.
- The hosting and deployment of application should be trustworthy.
- No security issues should arise in howsoever manner.
- Ability to restrict control for various users.
- The cost of application should be predictable and affordable.
- It will be good if application can self-deploy in mobile and tablet formats.
For smaller projects, building a customized application could be a handy solution given that one has a clear view of his needs. In any advanced application developing platform, users generally are distracted with too many options available and thus feels the application development tiring. Hence, an online platform, i.e. Turanto™ cloud application development can benefit your needs as the application is advanced on its part and the company also provides the backhand support if needed.
What is Turanto?
Turanto is a smart interface for your local needs. It is a premium application development program and a propriety of eTelic Inc., a small business by some of coding geeks and currently offers development services to Federal Government, Navy, US SEALS, Veterinary department, department of states and commercial units like HCL, CSC etc. Created by eTelic Inc. President Mukul Paithane and other employees in the company’s Richmond, VA and Indore, India offices, allows individuals and organizations to create full-featured web and mobile applications in a matter of minutes, with no programming experience necessary. The web-based tool features enterprise architecture based upon Microsoft’s patterns and practices, and completed applications include role-based security, single sign on, workflow, auditing and journaling, search, reporting, and web services. The Turanto development platform can be viewed at http://www.turanto.com/old-turanto.
Benefits of Turanto (Why Use?)
This is the first question that arises when someone looks for any service. It is evident that every firm postulates its own benefits and advantage over parallel technologies. But based on the experience of some users, Turanto surfaced as the best available solution in the current time. The application allows you to
- Generate Web Application
- Generate Mobile Application
- Generate WCF Services
- Allow Third Party Login
- Generate Android Apk
Some internal benefits that are generally overlooked while choosing an app but saves times and energy of an individual are:
- The application development is an online process and each of your values is saved instantaneously. Hence, one does not need to remember the values of fields in case if there is sudden a breakdown of any basic requirements (power, connection, PC hanging etc.).
- Association between two fields (entity) is a simple process and change in name of entity does not affect the relation with associated fields (entities).
- One can anytime launch the application and examine the changes he has made. The application takes 5 minutes (maximum) to surface on your desired platform (Browser, android, WCF etc.)
- The backhand team provides a handy support from understanding the requirement to building and launching the application.
- The application can be upgraded to a newer platform just by re-launching the application and does not require reconsidering the structure of the application or compatibility issues.
- The rights of applications can be restricted to category of users defined by the administrator.
- If the data is large and relation is required between two or more fields, one can simply assign the content of one field to another.
- Simply add the content by importing values from a file (uploading it)
Terminologies and Definitions (Required in Turanto)
These terms are the basic terms and do not cover the complete elements of the software. These give initial introduction to requirements of users only.
Application is the overall structure of your requirements. When launched, the complete workspace represents an application. It is also the collective term where all the operations are performed to stimuli a process.
Launch application means to surface the graphical user interface of your structure. Launching an application transfers the code to your server and one can visit the application by signing in only. This feature allows you to present your application in 4 different formats and asks your permission if you want a third party login. Turanto will now generate web, mobile and android code on single click and will deploy it on the servers as well. It will take a few minutes.
Entities are independent structures and independent elements of your application. Any application is a combination of various entities that manages an application. These things are typically important parts of your application and you can display them as a tab, or topmost layer of your application. If this “thing” has different types, click on the type checkbox. In your final application, you can enforce the code to automatically track changes to your entity. As a quick shortcut, you can create an entity that resembles a Person (ex. A Customer) with just a quick checkbox.
Think of it as the columns in your Excel spreadsheet. The tooltip string will be displayed in your application when the user hovers mouse over the attribute. The attribute could be of different types, depending on the data you expect it to hold. You may want to display this data on a grid (the default), or, only display it in a detailed screen. If you have multiple attributes that you would like to keep together, you can put them in the same group. Depending on the type of data, you could display it differently. The order of the fields on the screen can be controlled through the numeric number. You can, if needed, also apply different set of validation rules. You can also make an attribute mandatory, or, use it as a display property for the entity (or thing) that you are trying to make. For example: The name of a person is a display property for the entity Person.
Association defines how the entities are related to each other. For example, a state entity has many cities or a hospital has nurses, doctors, supporting staff, patients, etc. These relationships indicate how our predictive programming algorithms will display them on the screen.
If you want to align the properties in a single place, use groups. This feature is generally beneficial in later part where, the two similar properties for independent purposes needs to be differentiated.
User Defined Pages
This is the basic page (like a home page of the website) to provide any description. It can be seen as the home page for your application.
How to build an application in Turanto?
Start your journey by simply signing up. Contact the organization to create an account for your use. According to the organization, third party signup is disabled to keep away the malicious users and to concentrate the load of server only to interested candidates. Once generated an account, you can sign in with given user id and password. You will be redirected to home page of Turanto where you can manage all the applications.
- Creating a New Application
- Create a new application.
- Type the application name.
- Create a URL of your application. By default the URL is the name of your application (Without spaces).
- Save the Application
- Creating an entity
- Create the independent entities that manage your application. A help on right hand side provides you help regarding this.
- There are 4 basic entities present by default in application. These are address, city, state and country.
- If your entity is a person select the option “[entity_name] should have all general elements of a person” and default properties of a person will be configured automatically.
- Leave “set options” for the current time being (They are display properties and will be covered later).
- Set the options you want to align with your entity. (For first time user its recommended to leave it as it is)
- Display order is the sequence of entities displayed on app. The lower the display order is, higher will be the rank of entity.
- Save the entity.
- Creating the Properties of an entity
- Select the Entity you want to create property of from “Define property for [entity_name].
- Assign the display name by which your property will be recognized.
- Tool tip is by default same as entity name and is viewing on mouse hovering — when you hover your mouse on tabs in application you will view tool tip, what you have written while creating application
- Select some of features you want to assign with this property (mandatory filed, unique value etc.)
- Select the type of data it is. This feature holds the predefined structures for date, numbers, currency, URL, image, text, etc.
- Save the property.
- Association of Entities
- Association has three rules (One: One, One: Many, Many: One)
- Assign the display properties if you want. By default the display properties suits your application.
- Save the association.
- Create a group name in the “Define Group for” option.
- Save the group.
- Go back to properties and edit any property you want to align in a group and save it.
Your application is almost ready. Launch the application. Further options and fields can be modified based on use of application and real time necessities.
User guide (Points to Remember)
- Before creating an application refer to their video to understand how to develop applications.
- Have a clear view of what you need, as sometimes you can be confused with the variety of options available.
- Start with Single entity at first to avoid any confusion in work flow. Generate your entity and assign properties to it. Launch the app to see the output. Once satisfied, go back to application and create another entity.
- If these two entities have any association among them set it first. As your application will go sophisticated, more is possibility of leaving loop holes among elements.
- Create each entity and associate it with previous entities if any. Later, fill the properties of entity. (This is helpful as sometimes users are confused with a value to set as entity or a property).
If your property of one entity has to select values from dropdown list, then this property is another entity and association is made between two entities